Shawna takes out the guess-work and provides her clients with complete packages for most services offered. There are no hidden fees or costs, ever. All services--even a la carte documents--include an initial 1-hour consultation with Shawna as well as the final meeting with her to review your completed documents.
In addition to a Will, this package also includes a Testamentary Trust, Guardianship Nominations for minor children (as appropriate), an Advance Health Care Directive with a HIPAA/CMIA Release, a detailed Letter of Instruction to the Executor, and Information for the Executor all of which is neatly organized in a single Estate Planning Folder. All notary fees and a complete copy of all of your Will Package documents are included. A $500 retainer is required before Shawna begins work on a Will Package and the pricing is as follows:
- $1,100 For a single unmarried person with no children;
- $1,300 For a single person with children;
- $2,200 For a couple who have no children;
- $2,600 For a couple with children.
In addition to a Revocable Living Trust, this package also includes a Trust Certification, two Pour-Over Wills with Guardianship Nominations for minor children (as appropriate), the drafting and recording of one deed to transfer one property to your trust, two Advance Health Care Directives with a HIPAA/CMIA Release, Durable Power of Attorneys for Property Management, detailed Letters of Instruction to the Executor and Trustee, and Information for the Executor all of which is neatly organized in a single Estate Planning Folder. All notary and, if appropriate, filing fees, are included. You will also receive a complete copy of all of your Trust Package documents. A $500 retainer is required before Shawna begins work on a Trust Package and the pricing is as follows:
- $2,100 For a single person;
- $2,700 For a Married Couple;
- $3,200 For a Married Couple where one or both spouses are not U.S. Citizens and/or a Special Needs Trust, an Irrevocable Inter Vivos Trust, or an Assignment of your Business Interest is required, all of which require additional planning and consideration.
A La Carte documents
The below services do not include notary fees. Any service not listed below is billed at Shawna's hourly rate of $275.00.
- $150 Amendment to a Revocable Trust, existing client
- $150 Codicil to a Will, existing client
- $300 Advance Health Care Directive & HIPAA/CMIA Release
- $300 Do Not Resuscitate Order
- $300 Durable Power of Attorney
- $300 Drafting and Recording of 1 (one) Deed to Real Property
- $300 Drafting and Recording of 1 (one) Specialty Deed
- $400 One Will, no nomination of guardian for minor children*
- $600 One Will, nomination of guardian for minor children*
- $600 Review of existing estate planning documents & written recommendation for action
- $800 One Stand-Alone Living Trust*
- $800 Amended and Restated Trust, new client
*Additional charge of $500 per item will be added if these documents also require any one of the following: Special Needs Trust, Assignment of a Business Interest, Bypass Trust Provisions such as an A-B Trust, or special tax and planning consideration because a client is not a U.S. Citizen.
In addition to any fees payable to the Court, Shawna also charges the statutory attorney fees commensurate with the those listed in the California Probate Code. The fees are based on the fair market value of all assets in the estate without taking any liabilities or debts into account. The fee schedule is:
- 4% of the first $ 100,000
- 3% of the next $ 100,000
- 2% of the next $ 800,000
- 1% on the next $ 9,000,000
- .5% on the next $ 15,000,000